Tuesday, October 14, 2008

She Really Really Loves Me!

I gots an award from Tori! Even before she gave me an award, I've been a big fan of Tori. My sister (the blogger who might have been) told me about her like a year and a half ago, and I've been reading her faithfully ever since. She's funny, sassy, real, honors obnoxious people with her Tad awards (some of my favorite reading), and clearly a very cool mom. In case you were wondering, I really like Tori a lot. Now, she's pretty much the coolest person ever, because she gave me this award.

Nobody, like anyone can even know that.

So I'm passing it along too. I like Tori's idea of giving it to only two people. Believe me, I love more than two blogs.

First is MommyJ at Mommy Snark. This is a bit of a narcissitic choice. I like her style. I think she's funny, I think the words seem to flow from her fingertips, it's clear she enjoys motherhood, even though she has a very full plate with a 7 year old, twin 4 year old kiddos and a baby just a bit older than Danyo who has about 27x's more hair than Danyo. The narcissitic part? She reminds me of me. Everything I love about her, I claim to be just like me. Her more unsightly habits? Well then we are COMPLETE opposites.... See, i love that I can say that about her, because she's like me and it won't hurt her feelings. Even though I just gave her an award and made mention of unsightly habits in one short paragraph. Long story short, love her blog.

Nextly, I have a couple of choices but I'm not sure if they want to be public blogs---as in, having weirdos Nobody sent, come and read their blogs. Emily? UCMama? I'm passing based on that lack of info. But I do love your blogs.

C'est Moi This is my friend Beckie, from Texas. I think she's very funny. Plus, she's Canadian, so it's proof that I have foreign friends. It means I'm tolerant, right? She has two adorable boys, she's random and funny and witty and smart. And one time she posted a tiny little blip about the NKOTB on her blog, and a NKOTB fan came and opened a can of the Right Stuff right there on her in the comment section. It entertained me for nearly two weeks. Very funny. IRL Beckie's awesome. When we lived in Texas (sigh) and she watched my kids, my kids acted like they were going to Disneyland when I would take them there. She would play tag with them, take them on nature hikes, hunt turtles, and had Bo convinced she wrestled a bear when she nearly cut off her fingers and had a massive bandage on her hand. Bo wouldn't even entertain the idea that it was a cut. Beckie said it was a bear, IT WAS A BEAR. She's also the kind of girl who will drop everything and come help you jump start your car because you are stupid spacey sometimes. Whoops, this is about the blogs. Beckie doesn't post enough though, so I kinda had to cheat and go into real life for material. But I do love her blog. :)

The End.

14 comments:

Klin said...

FIRST!!!

Klin said...

Wow how did that happen?

Anywho, I love your blog, too.

This is a great award and so fitting.

Who loves Nobody? I do! I love Nobody more than me, or food ;)

Deena said...

Yay for Mommy J! I heart her.

Bex said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWW! I feel so special.
First of all, i'd just like to say: it was too a bear and you'll never get me to say other wise. Secondly, I'd like to thank God Almighty, for blessing me with randomness in my life on which I can write and the Academy, oh and you Nodbody, the other half of my one person fan base. Thridly, i haven't gone on a good racoon/turtle hunt in awhile.... so either I'm gonna have to head North or you;re gonna have to head south. Oh and no pressure or anything, right? RIGHT???!!!!! I 'heart' Nobody too!

Jenny P. said...

Aw shucks, how special do I feel?! So, generally, I don't snort when I laugh... but when I read the paragraph describing why you chose me... I laughed, and snorted. As in, coke would have gone up my nose had I been drinking coke. Maybe that qualifies as an unsightly habit! :)

Thanks ever so much for the recognition.. I could have written an identical paragraph about you.

Sketchy said...

Yeah, I think being multicultural in your friendships makes you cool and stuff.

Also, I think you deserve this award because I too love your blog.

I like Tori too, but I have this weird phobia. For the blogs I saw right away and started posting then I feel free to post and post (and take up all their comment space...see?) but the ones I sort of lurked at a bit now I'm paranoid. Like are they wondering, man why doesn't she comment at my blog. She's so snobby. And then do I start commenting now, and how will that be received? Will they be like, Oh I've seen you around, I'm so glad you stopped by. Or is it all, Too late? Talk to the hand?

These are the phobias that drive me.

But I like Tori. She's cool.

Tori :) said...

Sketchy- You lurk at my blog? I feel special. Do comment! Do! Because now that I know you lurk I will be TOTALLY offended if you don't. ;)

Tori :) said...

Oh- and Nobody- your choices sounds awesome. Texas, NKOTB, and I heard about an addiction to cherry coke. So, they sound awesome!! YAY!!!
And I caught your quote you bone daggit- I just can't think of a clever reply. I'm having an off day.

Code Yellow Mom said...

I love your blog, too. Just so you know. :)

And I really need a Beckie right now. Or a Disneyland in Ukraine. Or a NKOTB concert. That would be great. :)

S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
S said...

Well I do not mind that I never bloomed just as long as my life is somewhat blog worthy......which I firmly believe it is. I just can't write or figure out all the cool tricks of the trade. I am too old to learn! I am so excited for you to make claim that I found Tori first, YEAH! I heart Tori! Do you think Tori could pull some strings to get NKOB to CYM!

Camille said...

Sketchy, I have the exact same phobias! This is actually one of the blogs that I feel dumb commenting on because I hardly ever do, but it's on my reader. Sorry Nobody! I'll try to be better.
I too love Mommy Snark's blog. And your blog! And Tori's blog! I love bloggers.

ucmama said...

You like me! You really like me!
you can send weirdos my way - I can take 'em.

Sketchy said...

I have to tell you that my totally lame and pathetic confession here worked like a charm. Tori came and visited me at my blog and I actually commented on her's a few times (hey, she was prolific) with nary a phobic concern.

So now I just need to post here about the other blogs I'm too pathetic to post at, and I'll be set! SET!