Monday, October 20, 2008

He Didn't Even Know About the Diaper-Wearin' One

This morning Bo was the first awake and came into our room to snuggle. It is in these quiet moments together I get to hear the most about what he's thinking. Avee's not jumping off the window sill onto us. Danyo's not screeching and/or headbutting us because we aren't responding to his screeching. And I'm not multi-tasking because if there is one thing I do with my whole heart and soul, it is try and stay and bed until the very last moment possible.

I don't have to ask any brilliant, well-thought out prompters to get him to tell me everything. And that's what I love the most about these moments. I spend my entire day when he's at school, thinking of the perfectly phrased question that will get him to actually tell me what he did at school, what he learned, who he played with, how his lunch smelled, what his teacher was wearing, who the announcements were about, how much he missed me, etc, etc, etc.

So he says to me...

"Sydnee played in the doht and got ho hands completely dohty. I mean, they woh covohed in mud. Totally covohed. She said she had the dohtiest hands in the entiyoh wohld."

short pause...
and he continues...
"But not as dohty as an astwohnaut's."

short pause from me, and then....
*squelched chuckle* (I try so hard not to laugh when my kids are being serious. Hysterically serious.)

"I'm see-ohwious mom."

"I know. You mean astronauts hands are dirtier because they aren't in this world, they are in outer space--right?"

"Yeah. They could be dohty-oh than Sydnee's woh."

You can't tell me that it is possible to not be hopelessly in love with that little brain. A day inside of it, I'd probably see a bunch of astronauts named Neil, (who's middle name we don't know, but not because we haven't inquired) floating around with very dohty hands.

21 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

very cute! i love these kids of yours!

Olivia Meikle said...

And DIS is why we love dose Nobodys.

Jenny P. said...

I haven't talked to you in like a week. And I miss you. Love this post. Want to meet Bo. Want to give him a hug.

Adolescent Family said...

Love it! Those are the moments. The ones you never want to forget. The ones that make you smile years later when you remember, or read them. :)

Leslie said...

very smart. those GT people at school are gonna be after him vewy vewy soon.

Klin said...

Does he know how cute he is? You just gotta love him to death.

Klin said...

OK. after my comment posted I just got the title. I almost peed my pants laughing. I tell ya, I'm getting quicker by the days.

Dirty hands are waaaaaaaay better than a diaper-wearin' one.

Bahahahahahahahahaha

a said...

Holy Crap! He is smart!

Sketchy said...

I'm losing my young'n speak into English bilinguality...I spent the majority of this posting thinking her hands were covered in dough.

I'm glad I finally figured out it, but oh so sad.

Tori :) said...

Your title. LOL!! Hold on. I'm about to wet my pants laughing. I'll be back. (I should have worn a diaper so laughter/peeing would no interfere with blog reading.)

Tori :) said...

I peed supah fast and now I am back. I ♥ you Nobody. I totally do. And I can just HEAR Bo talk. Cute!

Did I talk to Avee today on the phone? I couldn't even think of anything clever to say because it's like I was star-struck. I missed my chance. Did I lose cool points with her?

ucmama said...

Sydnee can get pretty dirty, I totally agree with Bo

dancin' momma said...

I'm writing down everything hannah says and having you translate it into kid-speak for me.

Emily said...

Ha ha ha - I TOTALLY had no idea what he was talking about until you explained it. That kid is WAY too smart for me.

I also loved the "I'm see-ohwious" part - Hysterically serious.

Anonymous said...

Hi just passing through from another blog, I love your header pictures! Adorable kiddos!

Code Yellow Mom said...

i just love, "i mean, they woh totally covohed" and I also like his way of topping the claim to the dirtiest hands. like, "whatever. sydnee can have the dohtiest hands in this world, but my astronaut friend Neil - HE has the dohtiest hands in the entioh univohse. So there!" heheheh

omar said...

When it's more than a word at a time, I regularly find myself having to read the phonetic child-speak out loud in order to understand it. So between this and Tori posting pictures of guys with no clothes, reading blogs is really starting to turn into something I can only do when I'm by myself.

Barnes Blog said...

You are hilarious, I love your posts. I am hopelessy in love with all of your kids. Their little personalities and their cute faces. I am excited for my little girl. And I promise that I will send you a picture of her when she is older and I have completely screwed up her hair. :)

Tori :) said...

Hmmm... Omar lookin' at half naked guys talkin' baby talk... sounds a little kinky to me.

(Don't tell Bo I called it 'baby talk'- I didn't know how else to describe it. He is a very manly kindergartner.)

Kikibug said...

LOVE it! He is so smart. I really wish I could spend time with your hilariously smart family. I love those kids!!

Super Happy Girl said...

I totally got this post and its title.

It's heelleries!