Monday, December 8, 2008

We Tend To Have These Kind of Convohsations, He and I

Bo: Mom, guess what?
Me: What?
Bo: Mom, guess what?
Me: What!?
Bo: I said guess what?
Me: I heard you, and I'm asking you WHAT?
Bo: Oh. I thought you couldn't he-oh me and that's why you said 'what?'.

Me: So, are you going to tell me?
Bo: Tell you what?
Me: Really?
Bo: Oh yeah. Nevoh mind. I fohgot.

In other news...

I got another email from Bo's teacher today. Don't you think it's kind of funny that the one person who has the right/responsibility/reason to "punish" and find error in his ways, instead tells me how funny and cute he is? Hmmmmm.

"Bo is just so cute when he says something that indicates that he almost, but not quite, can express his thoughts on an issue... (she wrote this in reference to his grapefruit comment, not the following. I just quoted it because she said he's cute and I love to see that in print.)

Today’s lesson dealt with frustration and whether our feelings are little ones or big ones. Different students came up to say, “I remember one time I was very _______, because _________.” When it was Bo’s turn, he came up to me and said quietly, “Is it ok to say ‘a little’ instead of ‘very’?” I told him “sure,” so here was his sharing: “I remember one time I was a little sick, when I threw up at Wicked. That was a big, strong feeling, because I did not get to see how the show ended!” Thought that you would appreciate his memory of leaving Wicked! He certainly enjoyed the rest of the show, and he has spoken frequently of the musical."

Alls I can say is, that boy cracks me up.

And yes, I just said alls.

And yes, I am making fun of anyone who actually thinks that is a word.

And yes, I am aware that this post is probably only interesting to me, J, the Grandmas, and the mutants at table nine.

24 comments:

omar said...

Is that Tori's influence? You saying "alls"?

You're overdue for a Danyo story. Equal time, Nobo.

omar said...

No wait, Tori says "Y'alls," and that's totally a word.

Let's recap: "Alls" is not a word. "Y'alls" is.

M.Howerton said...

Mutants at table 9.
Will you sit with us awhile?
yo funny and us mutants like to laugh. We think it makes us thinner, but really that's why we are mutants. Not thin. want to be. but we are not.

M.Howerton said...

I'm THIRD! Yippee!! Third and Fourth!! I cannot believe it! This is the best day of my whole entire life!!

See, how being first isn't that big of a deal. And Omar took it gracefully.

First shmirst...

Klin said...

I am a mutant at table 9.

I so love your kids. I just gotta meet them, now.

ucmama said...

I think you may be thinkin of y'all's, Omar. It's plural possessive. As in all y'all's house. It's where e'erbody lives.

Or you may be usin y'alls in a Texan sorta way. That ain't the way we say it in GA, so it MUST be a Texas thang.

ucmama said...

and what kind of tablism are you serving up Nobo? Like the mutants at table 8 or 10 can't love your kids?

hmmph!

aubreyannie said...

mutants at table 9..heehee. love that movie.

and, between you and me, yours is the only mom blog i find highly entertaining. highly. and never tire of. so go right ahead and entertain the grandmas, j and the mutants. i'll still read.

Tori :) said...

TOTALLY a word Omar. Thank you. And "All y'all" is proper grammar as well.

I love your convohsations with Bo.

Tori :) said...

I forgot to say "WEDDING SINGER!!" That movie is rad. Let's watch it at our sleepover that I am planning.

Oportos said...

I don't know what I like reading more your blog or the comments! Y'alls make me laugh. I was having a hard time paying attention to the blog, because I am still upset that I haven't gotten to see wicked yet! Someday:)
Terra

Becky said...

Mutant at Table 9
So funny! I can't imagine sitting in that immaculate theater with a kid throwing up next to me. I am laughing so hard I am almost crying!
I do say all y'alls sometimes! Close friends from Kentucky does that too ya!

Heffalump said...

Ah for a teacher that emails...Lucky you, even if the rest of the school staff sucks...
I feel that Bo getting sick at Wicked is a great tradgedy though.

S said...

I do not know what to say. I am not a grandmother, mutant or first. But I do like me some BO, Avee, and Danyo on the puter. Thats alls.

Sarah Tilley said...

i think you can say alls if you spell it all's.

and yes, i'm a mutant, whatever table i'm sitting at.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! "I thought your couldn' hear me because you kept saying 'what'." That is totally amazing! I love this blog.

S said...

Wow you got a visit from Lauren! Woo hoo! She is alls that! ( K I thought it would work, maybe not)

Charlotte said...

What? What? What?!?

The funniest part of his statement is his change of "very" to "a little". I've read that post and I think "very" would work well. I wonder what his version of very sick would be?

And two nights ago, my 1 year old (all the other kids stayed home) threw up all his dinner while at a fancy resteraunt with a canidate my husband was interviewing. And I thought of you and realized it could be worse.

Code Yellow Mom said...

So the feeling of missing the rest of Wicked was bigger and stronger than the "little sick" he was feeling? I wonder where the smell in the cab ride home ranks - little, big, strong, very...? hmmm.

I like these teacher e-mails.

Physcokity said...

Alls I can say is that I am queen of table 9...Wedding Singer...Love stinks...yeah yeah.

Glad he remembers his Wicked! experience so vividly. Kinda makes me wonder if that's something he'll recall with clarity later in life as in 20+ years down the road.

Physcokity said...

I guess the better response to the mutants at table nine crack would be to ask Do you really want to hurt me? Do you really want to make me cry?

Because you're doing a bang up job at that ;)

Sketchy said...

Hey, Nobo, guess what?

Super Happy Girl said...

"I am aware that this post is probably only interesting to me, J, the Grandmas, and the mutants at table nine."

You just get ruder by the minute. HMMMPF!

Super Happy Girl said...

I was very interested on this post.

You had me at "I thought you couldn't he-oh me and that's why you said 'what?".